Associate Market Editor at Who What Wear
Named to Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list in 2017, Digiday's Most Innovative Publisher in 2018, and Comparably’s Best Companies for Company Culture in 2019 - Who What Wear is seeking a full-time Associate Market Editor to join it’s fast-paced editorial team. As the Associate Market Editor, you will pitch and write daily content across fashion and beauty verticals for WhoWhatWear.com, specifically creating market-focused content aimed at conversion and high search performance. The ideal candidate will be a savvy online shopper and is strongly familiar with brands and designers. This person is someone who can stay on top of trends and can easily determine what’s on brand for Who What Wear. Above all else we are looking for someone who is the right balance of analytical and creative, is deeply motivated by performance metrics and offers innovative content ideas. This position is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Market Editor.
- Pitch and write daily content for WhoWhatWear.com across verticals (fashion and beauty) with an emphasis on market-focused content aimed at conversion and high search performance
- Work to always optimize and increase affiliate conversion while keeping merchandising on-brand
- Track analytics on multiple story KPIs to ensure personal affiliate and traffic goals are met
- Merchandize the Who What Wear newsletters, managing editorial and sales priorities
- Work with affiliate lead to capitalize on emerging affiliate opportunities, such as priority retailer tentpoles, ad-hoc sales, and boosted commission rates
- Develop market-led editorial franchises that build brand equity while iterating on top-converting affiliate strategies
- Bring an innovative and creative approach to our traditionally top-performing story categories
- Contribute to edit meetings and brainstorms
- Represent Who What Wear at market appointments and events
- Build relationships with brands, retailers, and industry experts to enhance story quality
- Keep finger on the pulse of fashion and beauty trends, key players, brands, launches, and industry news
- 2-4+ years of experience writing for a digital publication
- Comprehensive knowledge of the beauty market and fashion market, from fast-fashion to luxury
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong visual sensibilities
- Sense of urgency and ability to quickly turn an idea into a final product
- Collaborative spirit with a positive, can-do attitude
- An exceptional body of work demonstrating ability to package content
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight daily deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
- SEO experience
- Basic HTML and CMS knowledge
*As an editorial candidate you may be asked to perform certain written edit tests that will be used solely for the interview and selection process. These assessments will be limited in scope, time and not used for any other purpose other than candidate assessment.
More About Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with 19 products all under $20. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Who What Wear also has offices in New York City, London, and Minneapolis, and has Amazon, Greycroft Partners, BDMI, WndrCo, and others as key investors.
Who What Wear is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.