Associate Commerce Editor - Hunker at Leaf Group
Hunker believes good design should be a part of everyday life—and that you don’t have to be an expert to make it happen.
Leaf Group is a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate) and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
We are looking for an Associate Commerce Editor to produce engaging shopping-related content from our Santa Monica office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Associate Commerce Editor grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Commerce Editor
A typical day as an Associate Commerce Editor might include:
- Writing 2-3 pieces with a shopping focus, ranging from shopping lists, retailer news, or design advice with a shopping slant.
- Pitching and brainstorming new titles, series, and ideas to live across multiple platforms.
- Participating in production of shopping-related Instagram Stories.
- Updating old content with fresh links.
- Monitoring analytics and data to jump on successes and come up with new strategies for increasing readership and revenue.
You’ll be successful if you can figure out how to marry great taste and ideas with content that can drive affiliate revenue.
What You Have:
- 2-3 years experience writing, assigning, and editing digital content in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience writing in the decor/home/design space preferred, but experience writing in a lifestyle-adjacent category is a must.
- Huge plus if you have previous commerce experience.
- You should have a good working knowledge of the major players in the decor space, including: interior designers, bloggers/DIYers, influencers, publications, and shops/brands (both major and independent).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.