Cie Digital Labs (CDL) is looking for a UX Designer to join our growing team.
Who We Are:
Cie Digital Labs is a hybrid interactive development firm and technology startup studio. CDL creates leading-edge digital solutions, serves as an innovation lab for a variety of prominent global brands, and acts as a platform to develop ideas and turn them into new technology ventures.
Cie Digital Labs blends Silicon Valley know-how, startup dynamism and speed with the business maturity of serial entrepreneurs, seasoned venture capitalists, and Fortune 500 executives. This combination gives CDL a deep understanding of how to apply the latest technology to solve strategic and operational business challenges. CDL's unique hybrid model also enables the company to identify new opportunities that CDL's startup studio incubates, develops, and accelerates into new products and companies. The leadership team at CDL collectively has played key leadership roles at a multitude of successful startups including Overture (acquired by Yahoo!), Nativo, StyleHaul (acquired by RTL Group), and Cie Games (acquired by Glu Mobile). Visit www.ciedigital.com to learn more.
Who You Are:
Our UX Designers are creative problem solvers, and are passionate about crafting experiences for our users that are more than usable – they are delightful.
The UX team is pivotal in solving pain points for our users and in helping partners generate return on investment. We are a highly collaborative team with a passion for our craft. We’re always looking to grow the team with talent and skills we don’t have, so if you have a unique skill-set, share it with us – we want to be inspired by you!
Reporting to the Lead UX Designer, the UX Designer will be involved in business and user discovery activities, merge discovery, research and assessment findings, and documentation defining the end-user facing solution. The Experience Designer is an active collaborator with our visual design and development teams continuously vetting, communicating, and iterating based on the empathetic feedback from team members.
You are focused, results-oriented, and a resourceful problem solver. You thrive when working at a rapid pace in a creative environment. You’ll join our team to work in our Irvine, CA office.
What You'll Do:
- User Research and Solutions Insights Documents
- Research-driven Experience Pillars & Concepts
- Sitemaps and Information Architecture
- Responsive Wireframes and Functional Specification Documents
- Interactive Prototypes
What You Need to Succeed:
- You act with intent: You present thoughtfully researched and forward-thinking decisions.
- You are a risk taker: You iterate, fail, and try again.
- You move quickly from insight to action: You understand the big picture, and can execute it.
- You are a resourceful problem solver: You make S’mores out of fire-drills.
- You have advanced proficiency with Axure as a core tool (or willing to add it to your tool belt) and any other tools you use to communicate your design thinking.
- You thrive on collaboration and empathy is your middle name.
- You have a proven track record of executing thoughtful user experiences: Portfolio shows process, iterations and executed state
What We Offer:
At Cie Digital Lab’s, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space offers stocked fridges, snacks and is in a building with a gym for employees, free parking, and game room!