Legacy Innovation Center of Legacy.com, is embarking on an exciting new project to leverage the power of Big Data to build a new multi-faceted connected graph about people. We are a successful and established web company, but we want more. Based in Calabasas, CA, Legacy Innovation was created to break the mold and enable creative reinvention.
Legacy.com is embarking on a project to leverage the power of Big Data to build a multi-faceted connected graph that enables curiosity and discovery of the human web in an entirely new way. As a successful, established web company led by a number of Internet veterans we’re leveraging a traditional business and adding new datasets to build a new technology-driven set of platforms upon which numerous products will be based. The existing business gives us enviable financial stability and an ability to finance our dreams. We hire passionate creative thinkers who share our belief that life is too short not to enjoy the people you work with and the work you do. We aren’t looking for a cookie cutter type--we embrace all the talents and quirks that make people unique. We have a meaningful mission and we believe in what we do.
We are building our Legacy.
We are looking for an experienced Data Product Manager who will manage all of Legacy’s data partnerships worldwide while managing the full product life cycle of B-to-B data products specifically oriented around selling our data and associated analytics externally. Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Managing, evolving and expanding existing data oriented business operations.
- Managing the health and quality of existing data sources.
- Locating new data sources and developing data partnerships in support of existing products and new business opportunities worldwide.
- Conceptualizing product and business strategies in collaboration with the Product team to leverage internal and external data sources in new and innovative ways.
- Interacting with a team of data scientists focused on unearthing important data elements and uncovering interesting data interactions to drive innovation.
- Partnering with the Data Architecture team to create synergies between business and technology as it relates to data products and partnerships.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on product and data management in either a B2B or B2C environment
- Communication skills of the highest level, with an ability to converse effectively with different groups of people…from executives to customers to designers to developers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of data manipulation, reporting, and visualization tools such as Excel and Tableau
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies with minimal guidance
- Can rapidly adapt to changes in the environment and priorities
- Experience managing & interacting with remote teams a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business or a quantitative discipline preferred