Amobee is a global marketing technology company that provides data driven cross channel digital advertising solutions for agencies, brands and publishers. We serve key marketing channels - display, video, email and social – on all devices from a unified technology platform. Amobee is also a Twitter Official Partner and Facebook Marketing Partner.
Our patented Brand Intelligence technology allows marketers to gain a deeper understanding of consumer trends and passion points through analysis of real-time and historical content consumption and sentiment from across the digital ecosystem. The insights from Amobee Brand Intelligence inform our clients’ marketing strategies and real time media activation across all channels and devices to generate unparalleled ROI. Amobee is wholly owned by Singtel, one of the largest telecommunications companies in Asia, with over 550 million mobile subscribers. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
Individuals within the Senior DevOps Engineer role at Amobee work closely with Development, Data, and IT team members to understand the departmental stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Senior DevOps Engineers are involved in the full life cycle of our applications.
Locations: Los Angeles
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, and improve overall performance, and expand monitoring capabilities.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure systems scale and reliability.
- Engineer deployment and configuration management solutions to meet the needs of application deployment and management.
- Coordinate and be able to troubleshoot issues across the entire stack hardware, software, application and network.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities.
- Working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing technical operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
- 3+ years of system administration experience
- Significant experience with AWS and/or other cloud services
- Articulate: eloquent in working with many personalities and in cross functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with *NIX system administration
- Experience in an internet customer facing environment
- Ability to work across global cross functional organization with people of different perspectives and experiences
- Ability to recognize technical needs and recommend suitable technologies
- Willingness to tackle any challenge, even if not directly relevant to core competencies
- Candidates must be able to adjust to business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies
- Deployment and configuration management tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Development build and automation: Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Virtualization and container coordination: OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker
- Basic scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Version control systems: SVN, GIT, HG, or other
- Cloud services environment: AWS or other
- Hardware environment: bare metal servers, basic networking, etc.
About Amobee (http://www.amobee.com):
Amobee is a leading, global digital marketing technology company that provides data-driven solutions for agencies and brands. By leveraging our proprietary Brand Intelligence technology and cross channel digital platform, Amobee’s clients gain a deeper understanding of their target audience by analyzing real-time and historical content consumption trends and sentiment from across the digital ecosystem. The insights generated from Amobee Brand Intelligence inform our client’s media strategies and activation across all channels and devices to generate unparalleled ROI on a global scale.
Amobee is a division of Singtel’s Digital L!fe Group, which is focused on creating new digital growth engines to delight customers and disrupt adjacent industries. Amobee operates across North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia