DogVacay connects pet parents with our global community of trustworthy, experienced and certified pet providers in their neighborhoods. You can confidently book a professional who offers dog walking, pet boarding and pet sitting. The best part is that you can pick from our five-star-rated sitters who are fully trained and will put your mind at ease with daily photo updates.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an agile, entrepreneurial team and have a real impact. The product manager will drive customer-focused solutions by defining and launching new service lines. S/he will take business objectives and combine them with customer challenges and user insights. This role will collaborate with all areas of the business to drive the product strategy through to execution and customer adoption of a new line of services for pet parents. The right candidate has a strong ownership mentality, bias towards action and a tenacious results focus.
- 5+ years of experience in consumer or p2p product management, including delivery of successful products that drove company impact.
- Track record of success launching new products with demonstrated success in defining success metrics, customer adoption and retention.
- Ability to identify and project the potential impact of new products, sell the ‘vision’ and benefits to all levels of the organization and drive the tactical implementation.
- Knows tech and understands implementation impacts. We’re an agile shop and we work with the best engineers in Silicon Beach. Your requirements and user stories should not only be technically literate, but get our engineers fired up to tackle them.
- Wireframes & Agile Tools. You have hands-on experience with tools like Balsamiq, Sketch, Invision, Jira and Confluence.
- Outstanding cross-functional project management skills.
- Dive deep into analytics to identify key opportunities and develop a roadmap for both guest and host facing features to drive adoption of new services.
- Drive collection and dissemination of key customer insights through user testing, surveys and focus groups targeting customer needs and pain.
- Use both numbers and qualitative data to build hypothesis and uncover opportunities via A/B testing.
- Use a strong data-driven approach to identify which new services will have the highest growth potential.
- Prioritize roadmap and project scope against business goals to ensure releases of key features that align with business strategy.
- Work hands on with the UX and development teams writing tickets and shepherding features through the development queue.
- Collaborate with the product marketing team on releases to drive customer adoption and success of each project, which may include adoption campaigns and developing training materials.
- Collaborate with internal teams (including customer service) to ensure they understand and can support product releases.
- Oversee the entire product development process from requirements gathering through implementation.
Why We Want To Hire You
- It’s not your first rodeo. You have 5+ years product management experience building customer focused and intuitive products. Prior startup experience is an advantage
- You get the customer and the business. You have an insatiable need to understand the customer. You translate customer needs and analytical insights into a strong creative vision, aligned with the company strategy
- You’re hands on. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away even if it’s not your area
- You have a “driver” personality. You’re biased towards action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery
- A test-and-learn personality. You just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth
- Data-driven mindset. ability to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
We solve problems. We listen, learn, and seek out the best ideas that meet our customers needs. We are biased towards action and are constantly raising the bar by putting our customers first. We love working with other teams and are the ones that bring everyone together.
DogVacay is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.