The internet is experiencing a transformation – ad blindness and blocking are forcing media companies and advertisers to rethink the way they connect with consumers. This evolution is changing the way we consume content and how we interact with brands. Nativo is enabling this shift by developing the new technologies, data insights, and best practices that will power this next generation of media and advertising.
Nativo, the leading content advertising technology platform, empowers brand advertisers and publishers to reach consumers and measure their engagement with content. For brands, Nativo provides the ultimate technology for intelligently deploying content at scale. For media companies, Nativo is a complete tech stack built from the bottom-up to deliver content and native placements within publisher sites. From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been RECOGNIZED AS THE BEST AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET. Nativo is respected, WELL-FUNDED, and growing rapidly. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.
The VP, Legal is the head of the legal department and is responsible for the legal affairs of the entire company. The VP provides legal counsel to the board of directors, chief executive officer and other senior management. The VP will oversee contracts, overall risk management, such as identifying potential areas of weakness and making recommendations for improvement.
What you’ll do:
- Draft and review a broad range of contracts and lead/assist in the negotiation of contractual issues
- Provide day-to-day legal support and legal advice to internal business partners on relevant business and legal matters
- Advise management with respect to the legal implications of all major decisions, strategies and transactions of the company
- Represent the company with respect to asserted claims or legal proceedings
- Develop, implement, and improve corporate governance and compliance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Manage outside counsel and serves as key legal advisor on all litigation and major business transactions
- Advise on employment matters
- Keep informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the organization and develop strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
What you need:
- Juris doctorate from an accredited top tier law school
- Member of the California Bar Association
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a transactional-related legal position at a corporate law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience in structuring, negotiating, reviewing and drafting a variety of contracts in a broad range of areas, including, without limitation, information technology, software licensing, media, general service provider arrangements, data privacy and security and other business related transactional areas
- Must possess the highest level of professionalism, work ethic and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information
- Must possess excellent analytical, writing and oral communication skills
- Startup experience a plus
What we offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Read Full Job Description