Trade Sales Representative
Joybird is the leading maker of handcrafted, custom-built furniture for the modern home and office. Through an innovative online shopping model, Joybird is transforming the way people purchase furniture by putting the customer at the center of the design process. With hundreds of fabrics, finishes and custom dimensions to choose from, each piece of furniture is as unique as the customer creating it. Inspired by mid-century modern design, LA-based Joybird utilizes responsible sourcing and manufacturing practices and ships free of charge within the continental United States.
We're seeking a customer-centric, results-oriented salesperson. Passion for design is a must, as is a dedication to providing ideal solutions for your clients.
- Achieve established sales goals
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the history, design, construction, and useof Joybird products
- Identify, develop, and convert qualified sales leads within the Contract Specification market
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop outbound, pipeline-feeding initiatives ensuring the pipeline is developed to achieve sales goal
- Partner with management to develop strategic, long-term contract sales plans that align with company objectives
- Provide outstanding customer experiences to strengthen the Joybird brand within the Contract, Hospitality & A&D industries
- Ensure selection by driving product specifications within assigned firms
- Attend trade shows, sales meetings and vendor training
- Provide design assistance and advice for choosing fabrics, finishes, colors and knowledge of vendor requirements for assigned firms
- Develop and maintain procedures for all operational points of sale
- Hunter - You have a proven history of achieving/exceeding new business sales quotas.
- Deal-maker - You have the strategic ability to navigate a negotiation to a close.
- Relationship-builder - You’re adept at communicating and connecting. You play the long game and understand the value of a lasting relationship over a single transaction.
- Driver - You have the sense of urgency to execute a hurry-up offense to move things forward, encourage decisions, and reach set goals.
- 5 years experience in B2B sales, furniture industry preferred
- Have a strong network in contract specifying groups
- Has an understanding and passion for modern design principles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Read Full Job Description