Systems Environmental Requirements Engineer
The Systems Environmental Requirements Engineer will be responsible for setting system environmental requirements for a high-speed transportation system assessing location specific environmental conditions and industry standards. These may include but are not limited to temperature variations, seismic activity, humidity, operating pressure, precipitation, soil properties, grade, tunneling, and nonoperational and operational specific structural load cases.
- Expected to have wide ranging experience and advanced knowledge in mission environmental requirements or environmental requirements verification compliance.
- Develop environment specific requirements for variety of use cases (nominal and contingency operations)
- Generate requirements at system down to subsystem levels and work with subsystem engineers to ensure requirements are verifiable and reasonable
- Author and maintain system environmental requirements document for the product life cycle
- Interface with integration and test organization to support environmental test program definition
- Interface with systems safety organization to determine cross-functional requirements
- Interface with quality organization to determine cross-functional requirements
- Support customer meetings as system environmental engineering representative
- Identify hazards and analyze the risks associated with hazards
- Assist in the review and interpretation of regulations impacting the site and propose options that will assist with the creation and implementation of compliant processes and procedures.
- Provide the employees/supervisors guidance that will develop compliant solutions, new techniques and opportunities for process improvements.
Experience working with highly complex environmental assurance programs and some capability in thermal and structural design and analysis software
- Ability to work system tasks and communicate with multiple interfaces is required.
- Lean education and implementation experience
- Ability to work independently
- Strong Analytical ability, being able to look at data/trends and create and implement appropriate process improvements
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Poses a hands-on work ethic with strong skills in decision making, building working relationships, planning and organization
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree, in Engineering, Physics or Physical Sciences
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.