SVP Product Strategy
Gem is a blockchain start-up based in Venice Beach, CA that accelerates the deployment of blockchain solutions for enterprises and industries. We're working with visionary companies in the automotive insurance, healthcare, and supply chain industries. We work step by step with our customers to design, build, and scale blockchain projects. Our mission is to link together the world’s business data using GemOS, the enterprise blockchain data exchange and collaboration platform. We want to empower the hearts and minds of capable innovators who are stuck with technology that can’t solve their problems. We see age-old problems in the world that can be solved in entirely new ways, and we feel compelled to do something about it.
Gem’s SVP Product Strategy will help set the strategic vision for how we build and market cutting edge blockchain technology to the world’s leading companies. They will thrive in this highly technical and fast paced industry, and will have the hands-on skills to lead by example. As a key member of the executive team, they will influence the direction of our product and pioneer the way enterprise leaders think about blockchain technology.
What you’ll do
- Formulate the Product vision and strategy through an understanding of customer needs, market trends, industry, and competition.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy and vision in line with the business long-term goals.
- Manage the Product lines, tracking customer adoption, revenues, and margins and make changes and adjustments to meet the product objectives.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning.
- Own the product road map and partner with Development to develop and release the product.
- Manage the product life cycle from concept to phasing out of products.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales team to define Go-To-Market strategy and launch of products.
- Meet with customers and partners to explain the product roadmap and get input of future product direction and evolution.
- Develop new features or make changes to existing features to meet market requirements.
- Act as an advocate serving as the public face of Product with press, market analysts, strategic partners, and other industry leaders.
- Influence business and industry practices by driving innovative ideas, solutions, and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Leverage strong process and project management abilities to envision and manage a path from idea conception to product implementation.
- Develop transparent budgeting, tracking, and reporting processes, and provide regular updates on progress against agreed upon objectives.
What you’ll need
- Experienced managing and growing enterprise focused SaaS product lines from innovation to early majority; playing key roles in product management in the innovation stage for multiple products.
- 5+ years in a Product leadership position, including experience as a Head of Product in a data centric growth company.
- 2+ years as a Technical Product Manager in a company with a data centric product, ideally with a product in the innovation stage
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or demonstrable deep understanding of technology especially related to data products
- Diverse experience in product management, marketing, defining and managing product roadmaps, managing product through lifecycle, pricing, etc.
- At a minimum base understanding of blockchain and a very high level of interest in this area with a commitment to become an expert in the field.
- Data driven with strong analytical skills; demonstrate customer centricity, strategy acumen and analytical ability to leverage data and research (both external and internal).
- Present Product vision and Go-To-Market strategy to Executive team and Board members.
- Experience working with fast paced companies.
- Proven track record in building partnerships with internal departments that lead to high performance, high output, and outstanding quality.
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams to turn insights into action.
Read Full Job Description