TeleSign is a leader in the Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) space. Our APIs and SDKs are used by customers around the globe. TeleSign’s Score API uses rich data sources and machine learning to predict fraud in online transactions. The expanding Score team seeks another strong backend engineer to help our systems scale as we add new sources of rich and big data to enhance the scoring algorithms, while keeping the systems flexible enough to quickly address new patterns of fraud as they are discovered.
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and produce well designed and tested production quality code.
- Be eager to work with and learn from a team of engineers.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle: design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Implementation of highly available and scalable 24/7 services.
- Participate in design and code reviews to help increase the quality of our products.
- Support existing systems while making enhancements to improve the architecture and feature set.
- Interact with business units effectively regarding requirements and specifications.
- Self-motivated, driven and goal oriented.
- Strong hands on experience (at least 4 years) with an object-oriented language (Python, Java, Ruby, C# etc.).
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (design patterns, coding standards, etc.).
- Strong understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies.
- Basic familiarity with Linux and knowledge of basic Linux system administration tasks.
- Must be a self-learner with strong problem-solving skills.
- Good SQL and database design skills.
- A solid grounding in version control and experience working with a team using Git, Mercurial or Subversion.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with REST API development.
- Experience with high volume services. Caching, distributed systems, and performance profiling.
- Experience with complex data processing pipelines.
- Experience with systems for stream processing and/or complex event processing.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.