Senior Email Marketing Manager
Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketeers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Forever 21, Verizon, Papyrus, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- Subsidized coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Yoga sessions two times a week to help you de-stress and recharge. Stretch it off; it’s the new norm.
- Generous PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. A vending machine that has every snack imaginable.
- Fresh fruit Mondays, Veggie Tuesdays, Yogurt Wednesdays, Throwdown Thursdays, and Bagel Fridays!
- Dog friendly office. Seriously.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks, outdoor seating, courtyard, and breakout rooms.
- Break time: ping-pong, shuffleboard, and Bocce ball. Any time is break time.
- But wait, we have more! We have electric full body massage chairs so you can work while getting a massage.
You Will Be
- Communicating directly with clients and internal departments, providing results/recommending actions, and identifying opportunities
- Provide expertise in data-driven marketing and customer segmentation. Gathering and analyzing data from a variety of sources to make intelligent, informed recommendations and decisions on email marketing plans and investment
- Building email programs, automations, and promote email best practices to internal businesses supported. Training and supporting internal users on applications to proliferate self-management of campaigns
- Managing email calendar to ensure that all requests are created, updated, and scheduled
- Monitoring deliverability and overall account reputation in two applications to ensure messages are being delivered to the inbox and provide regular reporting
- Assisting with implementing reporting (monthly/campaign) and testing strategies with other data extraction, reporting, and analytical tools (i.e. Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam laws.
- Conducting quality check tests to ensure that links, images, subject lines, mailings, and lists function properly
- Working with the creative team to ensure that all emails adhere to branding guidelines and that templates meet the needs of internal clients
- Assisting the Director with mentorship, support and empowerment for email team
You Must Have
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in a relevant online Marketing or Sales Operations role with a deep understanding of Ecommerce, demand generation, lead lifecycle, and lead nurturing preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience with marketing automation platforms (e.g., Marketo, Bronto, Pardot, Sailthru, Listrak, Hubspot, etc.)
- Detail oriented and strong project management skills while maintaining superior client communications
- Ability to be a team player along with the ability to work independently
- Familiarity with automation systems, CRM systems, and web analytics (Google Analytics) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of email marketing trends, best practices, and HTML
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Solid MS Office skills especially Excel (pivot tables,v-lookup, etc.)
- Agency experience preferred