Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for a data scientist to join the data science and engineering team at tronc, Inc. in our Los Angeles office. The team’s mission is to build data solutions to serve the broad set of digital properties owned by tronc including brands like the LA Times, Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, Baltimore Sun, and 6 other major daily newspapers as well as sites like The Daily Meal.
As a senior data scientist at tronc you will have the chance to develop data models from our rich news content that is viewed and read by nearly 60 million people a month around the world. You’ll also be looking at how we combine news data with other data sources available throughout the company to design innovative new data driven products. Ours is a cross-functional team including engineers and data scientists working with a wide variety of different groups throughout the company to help drive what a news website should be in the 21st century.
Projects You Might Work on at tronc:
- Personalization and audience modeling
- Content classification and understanding
- Subscriber acquisition and retention
- Data driven solutions for digital advertising
- 2+ years developing machine learning models in industry
- Proven ability to develop machine learning models that solve business problems
- Strong understanding of modern machine learning techniques including regression,classification, clustering, and their use with text data
- Expert in at least one of the following: NLP / Computational Linguistics, Recommender Systems, Deep Learning, Online Learning
- Strong programming skills (Python / Java / Scala preferred)
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field