Vice President, Sales
Greater LA Area
Are you a senior-level sales executive looking for a place to make your mark? Do you love taking a successful sales team and helping them reach the next level through leadership and strategy? Does your experience span both inside and outside teams with a clear commitment to developing a strong talent bench? We are are looking for a VP of Sales to help us with our next growth phase -- an executive-level leader who knows that the core of a VP Sales role is to help the sales team thrive while achieving sustainable growth for the organization.
Our VP of Sales will work closely with the marketing, client services, and product teams. We want someone with strong technology, SaaS and/or subscription experience and a proven track record of building, organizing, and leading national sales teams during high-growth periods. If you are a compelling communicator with the power to galvanize teams, then we want to hear from you.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 8,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant client sand their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As the Vice President of Sales, you will lead our sales organization into the next phase of growth and will be responsible for increasing our live account size by 4,000 before the end of 2018.
You will work from our Los Angeles Headquarters and report to the CEO. Specifically you will:
- Manage and build a sales team of high performing Sales Directors, Managers, Sales Development Reps (SDRs), Account Executives (AEs), and Territory Managers (TMs).
- Support annual business planning process, including development of go-to-market business plan, territory and quota planning, and operational plan for Sales teams.
- Cultivate a strong, transparent, and collaborative sales culture.
Within 1 month You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Complete tour with field sales rep
- Complete training with inbound sales team
- Help launch 5 accounts with client services team
- Complete training and deep shadowing of all client-facing teams
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Create a staffing model plan to achieve growth goals through the end of 2020
- Establish and implement a sales operation culture that is focused on tracking results, documenting goals, and providing candid feedback about opportunities
- Build and tune a repeatable and scalable sales system that expands ChowNow’s B2B and consistently delivers to forecast.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Develop a bench of talent for improving inside promotions
- Design, communicate and implement a sales career growth progression plan in conjunction the People+Culture team
- Produce three thought leadership articles to help ChowNow create a competitive advantage when recruiting sales people
Within 1 Year You’ll:
- Increase our live account size by 4,000
- Improve efficiency and conversion rate of sales team
You Should Apply If:
- You have 10+ years of experience in sales leadership roles
- You have 5+ years of building & leading sales teams at a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company
- You have strong track record and history of carrying and exceeding a sales quota
- You have a strong track record of successfully developing sales people and building high performing teams
- You have the ability to foresee, interpret and rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies and realigning priorities accordingly
- You have the ability to build out new processes, systems, and structures as well as optimizing existing ones
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description