Vice President, Commercial Partnerships at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a Commerce VP with exceptional understanding and experience in the commercial streaming and digital space to lead and support UMG's commerce efforts. This person must have solid knowledge behind setting up online and streaming releases, including logistics as well as the marketing and visibility aspects critical to each release. Strong relationships with key executives at streaming and digital partners is crucial. Ability to think out of the box and evolve current commerce strategies is a must.
How you'll CREATE:
Oversee Account Partnerships and Manage Account teams
- Optimize partner expertise and knowledge of all digital platforms.
- Improve process, refine operations and troubleshoot day to day account streaming activities
- Augment label education on best practices and navigation through the partners
- Drive critical analysis of Digital Partnerships to maximize opportunities
- Strategize and communicate partner platform placements and programs to maximize UMG priorities with DSP's
- Manage and optimize partner platform systems and analytic tools
Manage Partner Development
- Optimize revenue through platforms and partner programs
- Build mutually beneficial partnerships with all sizes/types of partners
- Implement Digital Strategy projects and plans
- Lead center driven and cross-partner initiatives (Coordinating lean-in efforts with multiple internal and external teams)
- Create and maintain strong relationships with DSP's/Labels/Management/Etc.
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in business operations, sales and marketing experience at music media company, digital partner or a related digital content industry.
- Experience dealing with commercial platforms and DSP's as well as content and repertoire owners
- Expertise with all commercial models within the digital landscape, including streaming, social media and user-generated content models
- Experience running a team with members in multiple locations
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial products and platforms, consumer trends and product consumption in the evolving music industry
- Inherent analytical and quantitative skills with experience in social media and content marketing strategy coupled with the ability to communicate strategy, drive artist growth and maximize revenue
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on executive-level presentation skills, relationship building within UMG, labels and partners
- Meticulous attention to detail and follows through
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects and produce high-quality results under tight deadlines in a team environment
- BA 4-year college, or similar education level required
- MBA or master's degree in related field preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer