Sr. Manager, Sales Analysis - forecasting tools (Hybrid) at Warner Bros. Discovery (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
WB Games is a leader in the games industry across all game platforms and mobile devices. Our diverse and inclusive workforce creates and brings to life the most beloved characters, franchises, heroes, and wizards in the world. We are fans of what we make and proud of what we do. We have studios and offices across the globe.
Your New Role
- Forecasting System - Manage and improve existing digital forecasting system (Adaptive Workday.) This includes oversight of product mapping, ingestion of sales data and promotion events. Serve as team lead to troubleshoot and fix ongoing issues with forecasting system. Make regular updates to forecasting tool to align with new financial periods, title updates, organizational changes, etc.
- Data Warehouse - Collaborate with existing project management team to complete sales data warehouse project. Work with sales planning team and others to ensure integrity of title mapping, sales history, pricing and other metadata for use in reporting and analysis.
- Data Integrity - Oversee data ingestion from various external and internal partners (Sony, Microsoft, Steam, WB Analytics, etc.) and manage master product assignment across all skus. Implement automated process to identify irregular data and incorrect assignments. Ensure that accurate portrayal of revenue considers royalties, taxes, currency conversion and other factors.
- Organizational Support - Serve as key liaison with various departments (Finance, Marketing) to provide support as needed on sales and forecasting submissions, reports, etc.
- Excellent quantitative and technical skills
- SQL required
- Expert Excel/Power BI
- Ability to manage and clean large datasets
- Experience with API
- Experience working data visualization tools (i.e. Looker, Tableau, Microstrategy)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with people
- Interest and aptitude in problem solving
- Ability to independently find solutions and solve problems
- Combination of both technical and financial expertise needed
- College degree required
The Nice to Haves
- Experience either designing forecasting tool or working with Adaptive strongly preferred
- Database management experience preferred
- Background with digital sales data or similar cloud-based datasets preferred
- Snowflake (or other cloud solutions) experience preferred
- Python programming language a plus
- Gaming industry experience or personal interest preferred
- 7+ years experience in similar role preferred
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $99,750.00 - $185,250.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].