About Spring Labs:
Spring Labs is redefining how data is exchanged for the new age of data sharing, security, and consumer privacy through decentralization. Our Spring Protocol Tech Stack, which includes the use of Blockchain and Cryptography, allows institutions to share information among themselves to verify identities and reduce fraud - all while protecting consumer data.
Working at Spring Labs is about being part of a collaborative team, comprised of some of the most talented people in the industry. You would be welcomed into a fun, inclusive environment where we care as much about our employees as we do about our product.
The Business Development function at Spring Labs is responsible for building the network of leading financial institutions that exchange data on our platform. These efforts have been immensely successful to-date, landing 45+ partnerships to-date, including the largest and most innovative Fintech lenders and a number of top-30 US Banks. These institutions are partnering with Spring Labs to share data within the industry, greatly improving access to identity and fraud data with unprecedented security and protection of consumer data privacy.
The Sr. Director of Business Development (Banking Partnerships) role is responsible for continuing the development of this network of financial institutions, focusing on large-scale, complex sales to the largest banks in the US, and eventually globally. This data, coupled with 3rd party information collected from other network partners, will represent the most comprehensive consumer and business lending identity and fraud coverage of any provider on the market today, all exchanged using the secure and privacy-preserving Spring Protocol.
This role will have responsibility for the end-to-end process of bank sales -- from networking and sourcing leads, to identifying the product market fit, to dealing with complex hierarchies, and ultimately through negotiation and deployment of the Spring Protocol.
Ideal candidate will be located in a Financial hub within the U.S., i.e., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Charlotte, New York
What you'll do
- Create partnerships for Spring Labs by identifying viable Bank partners and building a business case for engaging decision-makers
- Build, and grow a comprehensive pipeline of Bank partners
- Methodically and consistently work leads in an effort to convert to partners
- Drive the entire sales and engagement cycle, building relationships with decision-makers and "do-ers" throughout the process
- Network within the Banking Industry to stay abreast of the environment
- Look for new, as well as previously un-scoped opportunities, that could potentially increase Spring Labs' product line
- Develop an understanding of the risk and customer onboarding processes of our partner institutions, as well as how Bank data sources drive incremental lift or process efficiencies
- 4 year degree in a related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Banking, Fintech, Consulting, Business Development/Sales or related field
- Strong understanding of Banking and the related regulatory environment and how data drives decision making
- Highly effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to grasp and articulate a variety of technology platforms and products to gain buy-in from partners
- Heavily networked within the Banking Industry
- Self motivated
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Casual Work Environment
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Free Gym
- Weekly Office Events
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.