Senior Technical and GL Accountant
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a Senior Technical and GL Accountant, your precise and timely work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. Your hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. You will guide and mentor junior accountants on their career quests and help them level up their skills. Your real passion for accurate financial reporting will help to ensure Riot can stay focused on our players throughout the globe.
- An erudite veteran: you’ve secured a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics and notched at least four years’ experience in public or corporate accounting, Big-4 a plus
- A GAAP superstar: years of handling accounts, drafting financial statements or footnotes, and writing technical memos for multinational, multi-entity firms have imbued you with wikipedic knowledge of GAAP and SEC filing standards.
- Transparent and accountable: you know integrity is the name of the game in the financial world and always keep a crisp pair of white gloves on hand for wrangling sensitive data with discretion
- Software-savvy: you’re well-versed in the ERP systems that keep businesses moving - Oracle preferred - and more knowledgeable in Microsoft Office than Clippy himself
- Problem-solve technical accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues, investigating the facts and researching the proper accounting treatment.
- Prepare annual financial documents and footnotes in accordance with GAAP, including drafting new disclosures to comply with new accounting standards or new transactions.
- Investigate fluctuations and monitor trends in the accounts. Work with other teams to gain a deep understanding of the story behind the movements.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Accurately enter transactions utilizing Oracle.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial reports for our established month-end reporting schedule.
- Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality.
- Collaborate with your teammates in both local and international offices.
- Engage in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team.
- Mentor staff accountants by helping them explore their passions and move their careers forward.
- The right person for this role is an excellent communicator and sets a high bar for him/herself and their work product, has leadership skills, is hardworking and intellectually curious and can effectively problem seek in a dynamic environment.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).