Senior Business Development Manager at Honeybee Robotics (Greater LA Area, CA)
Honeybee Robotics has been at the forefront of robotics for over 40 years, establishing ourselves as pioneers in developing novel exploration systems for the most extreme planetary environments. At our Southern California location, we look to "Touch Life" by supporting planetary science, including every NASA Mars rover since Spirit and Opportunity. We aim to "Mine the Sky" through the development of practical In-Situ Resource Utilization (ISRU) solutions. We search for technically brilliant individuals in engineering, software, and support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join our team at our Altadena facility. As the Senior Business Development Manager, you will play a crucial role in identifying and securing new business opportunities for our Exploration Systems business unit. In collaboration with the VP and Director of Business Development, you will actively engage with customers, lead proposal preparation efforts, and contribute to the successful conversion of proposals into projects. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in the aerospace industry and drive the growth of our company.
- Develop and implement strategies to generate new revenue streams for the business
- Collaborate with customers to gain a thorough understanding of their needs and desires, enhancing the likelihood of winning contracts
- Interact with current and prospective clients to uncover and pursue new business opportunities
- Working closely with customers to define the statement of work
- Creating accurate budgets and schedules
- Coordinating input from engineers, as necessary
- Obtaining approvals from senior engineers and management
- Identifying and addressing potential risks associated with proposed efforts
- Track the progress of proposals from drafting to contract award using efficient data management systems
- Provide necessary documents and information to support contract negotiations, working closely with the Director of Business Development, Contracts, and Project Management team
- Contribute to strategy planning for the Exploration Systems division
- Attend meetings and conferences, as required, to represent the company and explore networking opportunities
Assist the VP and Director of Business Development in the preparation of proposals by:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field with 8+ years of experience, OR Master's degree with 5+ years of experience, OR PhD with 2+ years of experience
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with customers and internal stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Excel for data analysis and reporting
- Strong reporting and presentation skills to convey information clearly and concisely
- Experience in the space, robotics, aerospace, or geo-related fields (mining, oil and gas)
- Ability to identify and capitalize on business opportunities
- Basic understanding of project management, finance, and contracts
- Proficiency in MS Project
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, agile environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, and short and long-term disability.
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and a 4.5% company match (100% on the first 3% and 50% on the next 3%)
- Education Reimbursement for certificate, undergraduate, and graduate programs
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, two floating, and 11 company holidays.
$145,000 - $200,000 a year
Salary is determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, internal equity, and alignment with local market data.
See your work make an impact on some of the most exciting space missions, including major subsystems of NASA's upcoming Dragonfly, VIPER, and Mars Sample Return missions. Work alongside with the best and the brightest, including our partners across the aerospace industry. In a few short years, your contributions will allow you to point to Mars, the Moon, or Saturn's moon Titan, and say, "I did that!"
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
Note: This job posting is intended for direct applicants only. We request that outside recruiters do not contact us regarding this position.