Senior Account Manager at GumGum
Our Account Managers are the liaison between the client, the seller and the relevant company departments. Account Managers look after client satisfaction by ensuring successfully executed campaigns. This leads to strong customer loyalty and retention.
The Senior Account Manager is a leader in our Account Management team and is a critical role in working directly with our advertising agency partners to execute campaigns to meet client targets. The role supports our senior sales team to ensure that all aspects of campaigns are performing above client expectations while updating, educating and building relationships with advertising users.
The Senior Account Manager facilitates the management of all aspects of the campaign internally working with our design teams, the advertising operations team and our sellers while providing GumGum clients with an industry leading end-to-end experience. The role is also responsible for training and mentoring more junior team members in industry best practices and company processes.
- Support new business development
- Utilize GumGum’s internal inventory management system to build media proposals for prospective clients
- Work with and support sales team in building campaign proposal – including excel spreadsheets, PPT, word documents, emails, etc
- Support Sales in managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- Coordinate internal teams and execute on sold campaigns
- Work with sellers to plan, manage, implement and execute sold advertising campaigns
- Work in tandem with clients and internal teams to traffic assets/creative/tags for campaign set up
- Review campaign performance daily to ensure performance is trending to achieve KPIs. Meet with Ad Ops to suggest campaign optimizations
- Present campaign performance and updates to client or sales team and communicate optimizations to achieve goals
- Discover new opportunities for growth among existing campaigns
- Assemble campaign wrap decks and final reports to highlight performance and learning
- BA/BS degree in Business (Advertising/Marketing) or similar experience
- 3+ years of experience in the digital media field, preferably in online verticals - Account Management, Media Planning, Customer Service
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Familiarity with Atlas, Doubleclick, Comscore, Sizmek, MOAT, Integral Ad Science, Millward Brown, Salesforce, Nielsen, DoubleVerify and JIRA
- Proficient with online advertising terms, concepts, and revenue model
- Able to manage a variety of client needs while delivering on GumGum’s reputation for excellent customer service
- Diplomatically manage various stakeholders both internally and externally while delivering on client expectations
- Ability to balance competing demands in a high pressure environment to deliver on deadlines
- Highly self-motivated team player, is able to coach and train other team members in processes
- Can receive feedback without being defensive and always seeks to learn more
- Self organized and proactive. Uses Initiative to go above and beyond and deliver on client needs
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employer + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Leaders: How to make priority a self care - featuring GumGum CEO
Contextual Wins - a Message from our CEO
BuiltInLA Best Places to work 2020
Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work 2020
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Front Office Sports - Rising 25 members
GumGum x Ad Council Partnership - Love has no labels
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)