Sales Operations Manager at Papaya Pay
About the Role:
If you are a high impact operational leader who can drive key strategic initiatives to improve sales effectiveness and efficiency, then we need your help.
As Sales Operations Manager, you will define, document, and manage sales process procedures, CRM functionality, workflow requirements, analysis, and create necessary sales reports, forecasts, and dashboards. Success in this role means increasing sales as a result of your operational efforts.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you would be doing:
- Continuously refine and improve sales processes and system implementations
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Salesforce, Pardot, and other sales-specific tools and applications
- Develop and deliver KPIs, dashboards, and reports that enable sales reps, sales leadership, and the Papaya executive team to track, measure, and drive revenue
- Manage the quota and territory assignment processes to maximize sales productivity
- Track and analyze the performance of the sales organization to identify opportunities, report against targets, and advance strategic priorities
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- A background in sales operations in a B2B software sales environment
- Proven examples of how you influenced sales teams to exceed targets and improved sales during your tenure
- Expertise in Salesforce, Pardot, and associated sales enablement tools (e.g. YesWare, Zapier, Looker, etc.)
- Proven analytical skills to compile large amounts of data into an understandable format for decision-making
- Ability to create and implement process flows (in Salesforce and elsewhere)
- Initiative, you’re a self-starter who’s comfortable starting projects from a blank Google doc
We’d be especially excited if you have Salesforce Admin certification.
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.