Sales Director, West at Gimbal
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:06 p.m. (PST) on Monday, December 2, 2019
About the Company.
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using our own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans. We’re headquartered in Los Angeles with satellite offices in New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, and Columbus.
About the Job.
The Sales Director, West Coast role will be tasked with selling mobile location management and advertising solutions to the world’s largest brands and agencies in the Western U.S. Experience and agency/client relationships within key markets in the area are important to succeed in this role, as well as an express ability to demonstrate recent business successes in this territory. You will be a key member of a fast-paced and quickly growing sales team. Your focus, and that of your team, is the positioning, presentation, and execution of partnerships leveraging Gimbal’s unique location technology and media execution platform.
Who you are:
- A tenacious sales professional - you love the thrill of landing a new account or sale and consistently strive to exceed expectations
- A well-connected social butterfly - the only thing that grows faster than your closed sales is your Rolodex - your relationships span beyond whatever company you are with or product you are selling
- A tech enthusiast - you know about the latest trends and technologies before they are even released into Beta, and spread the word of the next big thing to your network of friends and colleagues
- A mover and a shaker – you’re two steps ahead of the person who’s two steps ahead, and you’ve probably already started your 30-60-90 day sales-plan
- A structured planner - you know that early is on time and on time is late, and your calendar organization would make Marie Kondo jealous
What you will be doing:
- Leveraging your existing relationships with advertising agencies, brands, and clients to increase revenue through the presentation of Gimbal's services and suite of product offerings
- Partnering with the Sales Planning team to create proposals in response to RFPs
- Monitoring clients’ campaign performance through a partnership with the Account Management Team
- Managing the pipeline of activity and providing regular status updates
- Working with Sales Planner(s), Account Manager(s), Creative Lab, Marketing, Business Intelligence, and AdOps to develop market-leading proposals
- Utilizing Gimbal's sales methodology from proposal to close
- Evangelizing Gimbal in market and actively sharing materials on thought-leadership
- Representing Gimbal’s value proposition within the advertising community
What you have:
- 3+ years of digital and/or mobile sales experience
- Thorough understanding of the digital media landscape
- Experience selling managed service media campaigns
- Working understanding of Salesforce
- Experience building and growing client relationships, with strong established agency relationships
- Superior client facing presentation skills, using data to effectively tell a clear story
- Consultative selling, value selling, and negotiation skills
- Brand Direct Enterprise sales experience
- C-level sales experience
- Knowledge of proximity location mobile technology, location-based ad-tech platforms, and/or data management solutions a plus
- Strong automotive background and experience working with automotive in a programmatic/location/mobile capacity a plus
Benefits & Perks.
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance and disability coverage
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan plus company match
- Cell phone reimbursement and subsidized gym membership
- Annual professional development stipend
- Fully stocked kitchen - snacks, drinks, and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Dog-friendly office
Read Full Job Description