The Sales Director is an individual hunter seller for our Sports Division and is responsible for prospecting and closing sales in GumGum’s market leading sponsorship technology platform. Reporting to the SVP Sales, this role is responsible for leading and developing key relationships in the allocated region to drive real value for our clients through GumGum Sports products.
Sales Directors have a deep knowledge of selling technology, preferably SaaS products into large corporate brands, and have 5 years of proven hunter sales experience. The Sales Director is a self motivated leader who can work with internal teams and are committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region.
As a relatively new product to the industry, the focus will be on building relationships, providing education and explaining the benefits of a complex product while also closing deals to achieve company sales targets.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- Drive Revenue for the allocated region - responsible for a list of assigned accounts and driving revenue and new business in the allocated list of at least 1.5M+ annually.
- Drive Sales from Marketing Channels - Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing driven lead
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and out of the box sales solutions
- Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and rights holders to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their sports sponsorship goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product and Operations Team - Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
- Strategic Sales - Support of SVP Sales in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- Ideally 5 years of enterprise selling experience in tech sales, preferably in emerging marketing SaaS products
- Experience achieving sales quotas of $1.5M +++ in a hunting role.
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and strategic relationship building with clients
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Quick at problem solving internally and externally while managing stakeholders through the process
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Applies analytical skills to interpret data and uses independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to a variety of work problems
- Looking for someone who is hungry and motivated and passionate about our product and the sports industry
- Outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required post COVID)
- Proactive not reactive in approach
- Sense of urgency in everything they do
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and adapts to change and innovation
- Creative and think outside the box and be strategic
- Continue to grow both GumGum and industry knowledge
- Must be a highly motivated team player
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Leaders: How to make priority a self care - featuring GumGum CEO
Contextual Wins - a Message from our CEO
BuiltInLA Best Places to work 2021
Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work 2020
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Front Office Sports - Rising 25 members
GumGum x Ad Council Partnership - Love has no labels
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)