Sales Development Representative at Flexport
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we’re looking for a consultative and tenacious Sales Development Representative to join our growing sales team in Los Angeles.You will:
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Flexport;
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Flexport;
- Work with marketing and account executives in to identify and prioritize strategic opportunities in your market segment;
- Demonstrate the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums;
- Research your target companies and prepare executive summaries to help develop business opportunities with account executives;
- Diligently update SalesForce, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups;
- Shadow Account Executives in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need for next role on the Flexport sales team.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 1-3 years of professional work experience in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Investment Banking, Financial Services, or Consulting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
- Fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every day and explain Flexports value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- An obsession with prospect happiness - set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Flexibility - things change around here. FAST.
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks, and the curiosity to keep learning about all its intricacies for years to come.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.