Sales Development Manager
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $1.3B from investors that include Softbank, Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & more.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, we're looking for a Sales Development Manager in our growing Los Angeles market to keep our top of funnel full and manage our team of SDRs. This is a high impact and high ownership opportunity for self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and revolutionizing global trade.
What you'll do:
- Manage and monitor the monthly quota and goals of your team
- Recruit, hire, train and ramp a team of sales development representatives;
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth and operational excellence;
- Use data to be nimble and inform the strategy of your team
- Generate top of funnel demand including identifying lead sources, constructing lists, and other tasks related to outbound lead generation;
- Collaborate with marketing to drive new business through inbound demand generation;
- Achieve quarterly and annual quota and revenue targets;
- Monitor and refine sales lead processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success on the SDR team.
- Encourage innovation on your team, especially in finding new customer segments that Flexport is currently under-serving; and
- Coach, develop and promote the next generation of Flexport sales leaders.
What you'll need:
- 2+ years experience leading a team of individual contributors to success;
- Passion for new business, this team is the fuel for the Flexport rocketship;
- A/B testing mentality - willingness to proactively test outbound customer messaging and iterate Flexport’s value proposition;
- BA/BS Degree from a top-tier institution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Brownie points for experience with Sales Ops functions including Salesforce Admin, Dashboard Creation, Lead distribution, etc.