Sales Development Manager
We're WELL and we’re the modern communication platform for the $3 trillion healthcare industry. Using WELL, patients engage with their healthcare teams on their schedule and based on their preferences.
We are well-funded and growing quickly. More than 1,000,000 patients use our platform to communicate with their physicians and other healthcare professionals. Our investor’s portfolios include companies like Intercom, Wag, Uber, and SurfAir.
As an early employee joining our 50+ person team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives by improving their everyday interactions with their healthcare providers.
WELL’s Sales Development team is the foundation of our sales engine and the secret sauce for the company’s incredible growth over the past few years. As SDR Manager, you will lead the development, refinement, and growth of WELL’s outbound sales strategies.
WELL is a dynamic company where your work can have a major impact. You’ll have many opportunities for personal and career growth. And you’ll have the rewarding experience of mentoring a committed, energetic team and watching them grow in their own careers.
You will lead a 15+ person SDR team to meet and exceed aggressive pipeline and hiring OKRs. A successful candidate will have experience and expertise in the following four pillars:
- Improve Process. A well-oiled sales process is critical to enabling the success of the SDR team. The SDR Manager will be as proficient in the art and science of selling - ensuring process is followed and technology is leveraged to its fullest.
- Coach & Mentor. The SDR Manager will push top performers and lift under-performers. The team is at its best when all reps are progressing and performing. Motivate and mentor with weekly 1:1s, call coaching, contests, deep dives, etc.
- Foster Culture. WELL’s sales culture is built on a foundation of collaboration and continual learning. Progressing personally and professionally is just as important as being at the top of the leaderboard. The SDR Manager is a cultural ambassador, helping to foster and evolve our culture as the team scales.
- Hire & Scale. Building and scaling a world class team is perhaps the most important responsibility of the SDR Manager. Develop a rich candidate funnel into future top performing SDRs. Hiring top talent is only the first step: the SDR Manager will also design and deploy onboarding and trainings to ensure fast ramp and set new hires up for success.
What you need to excel in this role:
- 3+ years sales experience, preferably in SaaS and/or Healthcare
- 1+ years in management/leadership experience highly preferred
- Proficient in sales tech stacks - Salesforce, Salesloft, or similar tools
- Expertise in sales process, reporting, forecasting, territory management, etc.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across functions
- Grace under fire - ability to make critical decisions and effectively problem solve in a dynamic environment
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited Vacation/PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office