Sales Development Manager
Greater LA Area
Are you a driven and energetic leader with a passion for growing and developing sales teams? If you’re an overachiever, who enjoys delivering exceptional results and wants to help build our business, we have an exceptional job opportunity for you!
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As our Sales Development Manager, you will play an important role in shaping and implementing ChowNow’s outbound sales strategy. Specifically, you will coach and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives responsible for identifying and qualifying opportunities and partnering with our outside Sales Reps to pursue and close opportunities in major markets throughout the US and Canada.
Reports to COO; directly manages team of 7 - 10 SDR’s
Within 1 month, You'll..
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Learn the ChowNow product line, competitive market, sales process and methodology so you can respond to the teammates’ specific questions and effectively coach them through open opportunities
- Understand ChowNow’s Salesforce.com instance. You can customize reports, dashboards, and required data to give you an optimized viewed into SDR production.
- Cross-train in onboarding, customer success, customer support and other functions
Within 3 months, You'll..
- Establish relationships with direct reports and other leaders in the organization
- Diagnosed strengths and weaknesses of your team. Partner with the Training Manager to build your first training session based on your assessment of the most time sensitive area of weakness.
- Increase qualified leads by 5% month over month
- Hire (or promote) your first SDR using the ChowNow Guide to Hiring
- Develop Ramp Camp training for new SDRs
- Develop intuition used to perform pipeline dives and help Reps to focus on specific areas to maximize results
- Work with outside sales leadership to establish best practices for optimizing SDR-Outside Rep partnerships
Within 6 months, You'll..
- Achieve 2.5% month-over-month increase in rep productivity as a result of coaching and consistent constructive feedback
- Partner with recruiting team to re-evaluate the SDR hiring process and our SDR hiring goals
- Write two articles to highlight and share our approach to sales leadership
- Work with sales leadership to update the ChowNow sales process flowchart
- Ensure your team maintains high standards of data integrity within our Salesforce.com instance, resulting in increased levels of connection rates with prospects from our sales and marketing programs
- Identify team workflow needs and work with sales operations and sales leadership to implement process changes and/or new tools in the sales stack
- Cultivate a great culture within your team resulting in a month-over-month increase in team eNPS score.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a track record of success managing a high performing inside sales team
- You have a strong understanding of outbound pipeline generation process
- Analytical mindset comfortable generating reports and identifying trends in data
- Proficient with Salesforce.com
- You have 2+ years of proven sales management experience in a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company.
- You have a proven track record in local SMB sales
- You can demonstrate that you’ve previously built scalable processes and implemented strategies that have successfully grown a sales team
- You have strong negotiating and strategic selling skills – creating a business plan, assessing territories, qualifying targets, optimizing incentives, running sales contests, and prioritizing sales efforts
- You have proven ability to develop/drive and thrive in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability
- You have knowledge of Salesforce, Apple products, Google Docs and Excel
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description