Sales Compensation Director at ServiceTitan
ServiceTitan is looking for a high-energy sales compensation leader with strong business and financial acumen. This role will ensure that sales compensation programs support the company's strategic objectives, meet legal requirements, and aligns with ServiceTitan's compensation philosophy. This role will lead a cross-functional workgroup made up of Sales, HR and Finance partners. As a subject matter expert, this role will act as a strategic advisor, providing counsel on sales compensation programs, policies, and practices. If you enjoy the detailed and technical aspects of compensation analysis but also enjoy thinking outside of the box and coming up with new ideas, this is the role for you!
The ideal candidate will think strategically regarding vision and design of programs and be able to bring creative solutions from data and business needs. Takes initiative, is passionate about people, is highly organized and can multitask and prioritize varied complex projects. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment. This role reports directly to the VP of Finance.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for developing and administering a world class sales compensation program
- Benchmark competitive practices to ensure sales plans drive results and help attract and retain key sales talent
- Gathering data from and submitting data to market-based compensation surveys and conducting data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Partner with HR and Legal to address employment issues that may impact plan design transformation and updates.
- Design, implement, and maintain a revised Sales Incentive Framework and Governance Model
- Lead the design of sales incentive plans to ensure competitiveness, equity and alignment with the company's business objectives and talent strategy
- Coordinate the standardization of Sales Incentive approach, driving methodologies for plan design (pay mix, metrics, weights & mechanics, modifiers, SPIFFs, etc.)
- Develop and lead detailed sales compensation design and planning process that incorporates input from various key stakeholders, individual payout model, SPIF design, cost and payout benchmarking, overall plan costing, and scenario analysis
- Build training and communication materials to ensure participants understand their compensation plan
- Design and maintain reporting to provide insights to plan participants and cross functional stakeholders on plan payouts and overall plan performance
- Monitor and analyze all aspects of the sales and incentive compensation programs to gauge the effectiveness of plan designs.
- Partner with leadership to handle plan disputes and be able to handle and action in a timely fashion
- Lead continuous improvement projects within functions to participate in other organizations projects to improve efficiency
- Conduct regular compliance checks on programs and identify any areas of risks or improvements (e.g. emerging trends/ issues/ best practices) that need to be addressed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Manage a small team of commissions analysts, with the primary focus of executing the commissions plans with quality and compliance
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of overall compensation experience with expertise in the sales compensation field; direct sales or sales operations experience in a SaaS environment and prior pre-IPO work experience preferred
- Strong cross-functional and matrix management skills; must demonstrate ability to drive and deliver results through influence and collaboration
- Strong analytical thinker who can translate data into actionable insights
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Guru-level Excel/Google Sheet skills
- Preferred: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) ; Workday Advanced Compensation module experience; project and change management experience
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.