SaaS Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Inbound Sales Development Representative
What is the opportunity?
You’ll join our new team of SDRs and be an instrumental part of the group’s development and growth. You’ll learn sales from our team of pros, and you’ll be on track to be a SaaS account executive within six months.
Your job will be to qualify inbound client leads, set meetings, and conduct demos of our product over the phone. You’ll be the most important part of our sales funnel! Our clients sign up for a free trial, and then onboard themselves to our platform. When you see someone who signs up who might be a great paying client, it will be your job to email, phone, or even text them to get a meeting - whatever it takes! You’ll then do a quick and easy demo, and convince them to purchase our paid product. And don’t worry if that sounds like a lot - we’ll teach you everything you need to know. The skills you learn in this role will be highly relevant for growing your long-term career, and we’re committed to investing in our SDRs.
This role entails an base salary, plus commission based on your ability to set up meetings and convert them into paid clients. You’ll also be eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as the other office perks! There are various opportunities for career growth as you continue to succeed at Heartbeat.
- Assist in generating new prospects if you’re not seeing enough lead traffic
- Call and qualify inbound leads that come through our marketing efforts
- Hit your monthly goals for setting up meetings and converting free trials
- Help us build the culture and contribute to Heartbeat’s growth overall
What Qualities Are We Looking For?
- Curious and excited to learn
- Competitive, but have a positive attitude
- Approachable. You enjoy talking to and meeting new people
- Highly organized. You’re not afraid to track things in excel or Google Sheets. You aren’t mad about updating trackers daily because you like to stay on top of things.
- Someone who keeps you word, show up on time, you’re ethical, you’re honest
- The kind of person who doesn’t take rejection from leads personally
- Open to constructive feedback, and you don’t have a “know-it-all” attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions, or bring new ideas to the table
- Open to contributing to other parts of the organization when needed
- Excited about learning about startups and wants to learn the bigger picture of growing a business. Not a requirement, but maybe you even want to start your own company one day!
- A college graduate, with strong written and verbal skills (double-check your resume and cover letter for grammar and spelling, please!)
- 1+ year experience as an SDR (if you don’t have experience, but want to break in, send a video of yourself telling us why you want to work for Heartbeat. Email to [email protected]
What happens if you succeed?
- You’ll be eligible to own your own vertical within 6 months (or less!)
- You’ll be eligible for a raise at your 1-year anniversary
- You’ll have helped a growing company hit its sales targets, and we’ll have successfully raised another round of funding!