Retail Partnerships Business Development Manager
Greater LA Area
NuORDER is a venture-backed, B2B eCommerce technology company revolutionizing the way the $130 billion wholesale business is done. Since 2011, we’ve offered a platform to empower brands and retailers to conduct their business in a smarter, modern, more efficient way and 100% online. We’re digitizing the buying process and currently partnering with over 1,200 brands and 500,000 retailers within different verticals to provide a central place to browse different products and catalogs, access up-to-the-minute sales and inventory data, and place orders any time of day, even via mobile.
The Retail Partnership Business Development Manager will serve as the external ambassador of the NuORDER brand. This is an opportunity for a highly intelligent, driven and energetic business development professional to play a key role in the success of a fast growing technology company. You will take the lead in introducing the NuORDER SaaS platform with VPs and C-level executives at leading retailers across North America. This position can be based in Los Angeles or New York City and will include frequent travel.
- Develop and implement retail acquisition strategies to achieve revenue, organizational and profitability goals
- Identify strategic retail partners
- Grow NuORDER’s overall retail footprint to maximize brand exposure and drive revenue
- Educate retailers about NuORDER’s platform by delivering strong and compelling retail presentations that inspire and drive action
- Take ownership of the sales process from start to finish
- 7+ years of work experience in retail business development/outside sales
- Experience with SaaS/retail technologies
- Strong interpersonal and presentation
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience.
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment; yet knows how to get things done
- Deep knowledge of retail and buying process
- A high degree of business acumen. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele
- Sales driven mentality
- Knowledge of retail analytics
- Very strong network within the retail space a plus
- Ability to travel up to 75%
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid maternal and paternal leave.
As a NuORDER employee, you can expect a variety of learning and development opportunities and a plethora of snacks, coffee, and sparkling water in our fully stocked kitchen! In addition, it’s not unusual for us to have Bagel Fridays, free lunches, game nights, and happy hours to bond as a team!
Read Full Job Description