Regional Vice President, Sales at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
The RVP’s primary responsibility is to build, lead and direct a sales team to meet and exceed sales revenue targets, increase profitability, and delight our customers. The role involves strategic planning, team leadership, selling, leveraging technology, and constantly improving sales and operations processes.
The individual will identify prospective clients and follow up to generate sales, as well as innovate, standardize, and integrate efficient sales programs to minimize use of company resources while maximizing business outcomes. They will contact new customers to demonstrate the value of the NEXT portfolio of offerings, products or services, and consistently deliver a best-in-class customer experience to increase repeat business. RVPs use their leadership skills to inspire and motivate sales professionals to increase sales and build brand loyalty.
Systems of scale are utilized to manage, maintain and grow; one of our most important management principles is to expect what we inspect. The RVP will be expected to be a power user of core tools, including those used to track sales progress (Salesforce.com) and visualize data (Chartio) for purposes of continuous growth and improvement. These executives are expected to regularly and accurately report their progress to Sales leadership. The ideal candidate is both highly strategic and highly entrepreneurial, obsessed with driving customer success, motivated by building and shaping the future, and a proven leader at driving customer growth. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic sales team.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive top-line logo acquisition within a given region/vertical
- Drive forward the future vision of NEXT with our product team and help sell that vision to our customers
- Engage with senior level stakeholders with some of our largest customers; Account Planning and QBR frameworks for mutual success
- Solution and product selling to Global 2000 accounts
- Set initial pricing strategy for RFP’s
- Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences, and industry events
- Collaborate with a highly diverse set of internal and external partners
What You’ll Need:
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field is necessary for this position. In addition, previous experience in a regional sales capacity may be required or preferred.
- RVPs must be organized individuals that pay close attention to detail and have strong interpersonal skills to tackle sales obstacles with innovative solutions.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environments and have excellent multitasking skills.
- RVPs must work well in a team setting to achieve all company sales objectives in a timely manner, as well as perform effectively on their own with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a sales function
- Experience in the logistics & transportation industry is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel for client meetings and engagements
- Demonstrated ability selling to C-suite customer stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the way customers think about their business
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis to customers
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry