OTR Broker at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
NEXT was founded with a vision to implement solutions and bring change to a fragmented industry. As a FreightTech pioneer, we are designing technology-driven solutions to transform the $800B U.S. shipping & trucking industry. Our platform connects shippers with freight capacity for every step of a shipment’s journey.
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to provide world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and make freight painless.
Armed with experienced professionals from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. We have been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
Without capacity, all the sales in the world won’t matter...that’s where you come in. As a NEXT OTR Broker, you will help us quickly scale our Carrier capacity to guarantee we are able to cover 100% of our Shippers’ loads. You will proactively engage with carriers, then manage the relationship with your carriers, increasing their engagement with NEXT over time, while ensuring they are consistently providing capacity at a competitive price point. This role is critical to our success...we look forward to having you on our team!
What You'll Do:
- Grow existing carrier relationships, earn the carrier trust and engage frequently
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (owner ops, dispatchers)
- Maintain constant contact with new carriers to secure truck capacity and manage existing business arrangements
- Educate and train new carriers on our technology platform
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution
- Serve as a partner to our operations and sales teams, anticipating challenges and presenting solutions to support business objectives
What You'll Have:
- 1+ year in carrier sales/Broker role
- Ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization and multitasking skills...while staying detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set partners
- Identify and resolve problems in a collaborative manner and offer solutions to clients
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bilingual is a plus
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Casual work environment
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry