Media Sales Representative at Grindr
Media Sales Representative
We’re looking for a driven Media Sales Representative to join our growing team here in West Hollywood. As a Media Sales Representative, you are the first point of contact for Grindr’s advertisers. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for advertising to Grindr’s 12M monthly active users.
Based in our WeHo headquarters, you will be responsible for closing new business with Direct and Agency Advertisers. The primary responsibility of this role will be to establish and maintain relationships with media agencies and advertisers, with a secondary focus on programmatic buyers and trading desks. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of digital advertising and a strong desire to make an impact.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Grindr’s Direct Ads team is a tight-knit group with diverse backgrounds - we are seasoned sellers, account managers, and veterans of digital media. We are charged with all aspects of the sales process, from cold-calling and emailing prospects to creating pitch decks, presenting in-person to agency groups or brand managers to client entertainment and y/y account growth. We work with companies of all kinds to help them reach their goals by targeting our users with their branding, products and services.
- Generate and develop partnerships with advertisers, agencies, & trading desks to drive revenue/sales for Grindr through direct and programmatic solutions.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain an account list
- Remain current on industry trends including: rates, ad products, and success metrics
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of Grindr’s community and culture in order to consultatively communicate our value proposition effectively with brands – mapping our solutions to client’s objectives
- Work cross functionally with Programmatic Sales team and Ad Operations to develop Direct, PMP and programmatic sales strategies
- Serve as an industry expert in direct and programmatic mobile advertising for sales and advertiser/agency partners
- Participate on sales calls to help streamline the sales approach and insure the available tools and platforms are being discussed and utilized
- Develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with customers
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 or more years experience in media sales a phone sales role as part of a SaaS or B2B company
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in a sales or Account Manager role within mobile, online media, or similar
- A consultative and human sales approach -- every conversation is different, and there are no scripts
- A demonstrated track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Stellar account management skills with the ability to proactively engage new clients through email and phone
- Familiarity with DSP space, ad serving, data exchanges or cross-device performance advertising is preferred
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues and opportunities with a prospect’s advertising budget
- Strong consultative sales, relationship building, and customer services skills
- Driven, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Proficient using: Google business suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Salesforce is ideal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Media, Advertising, or other related fields strongly preferred
Impact | 1st Month
- Dive right in to develop an understanding of our ideal customer and basic qualifying criteria. Absorb tons of details about our product space for a speedy ramp up
- Work with the team to develop a list of potential clients (brands and agencies) for you to target
- Break the ice with phone calls and emails to brands and agencies
- Learn and settle in to Grindr’s fast-paced, fun, and sometimes zany culture
Impact | 3 Months
- Know and own your numbers - hit your goals on phone calls and lead conversions you generate
- Lean in to the team in collaborating around pitches, closing strategies, and best practices
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about leads
- Become a Grindr expert to confidently speak to features and the value of advertising to our global user community
Impact | 6 Months
- Effortlessly keep cold outreach to your routine where you can jump into a phone conversation with anyone - even C-level executives - while consistently meeting your numbers
- Tap into the knowledge you’ve been building to discover totally new sources of leads that you can reach out to
- Perfect your closing strategy for at least one industry vertical
Impact | 12 Months
- Step up as a leader to newer team members and client team members
- Master your closing strategies for multiple client verticals
- Expand the knowledge you have been learning to drive new leads and expand current accounts
- Represent Grindr at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.