Media Buyer - Los Angeles
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Marketing Innovation Team at Universal Music Group is seeking an experienced media specialist for our small but rapidly growing in-house media team. This is a permanent, full-time position. Artist success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skill set, and company culture. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about the ever-changing media landscape and about MUSIC! We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including paid search, social, programmatic, display, video, mobile as well as emerging media and new technology platforms. This position is responsible for the execution and day-to-day management of all media for all of UMG's US labels.
- Act as the primary digital media expert for US labels, buying, optimization and reporting
- Liaise with label planning teams to develop media strategies and campaigns
- Execute, manage, and optimize digital media campaigns with a focus on campaign KPIs and goals
- Develop and manage paid social, search, native, programmatic and direct programs
- Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Google Adwords, and other DSPs
- Possess strong technical understanding of programmatic audience buying
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
- Monitor media buys to ensure all brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability standards are met or exceeded
- Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Research and record trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data driven techniques
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicle, as applicable
- Implement test initiatives such as landing page, A/B testing, multivariate testing, offer testing, as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem-solving drive
- Google Certification required; IAB Certification a big plus
- Experience with major ad exchanges and ad server technology
- Experience buying through SEM bid management platforms, Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Facebook Marketplace, Twitter, Snapchat and DSPs
- You build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
- Familiarity/experience with DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Datorama,Linkfire, Shareablee
- Passionate music fan
- 2+ years' media-related/agency experience, plus at least 2 years of online media planning/buying; traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) and entertainment industry experience a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.