Manager - Corporate Development
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Corporate Development leads all Strategic Partnerships, Fundraising and Special Projects for Bird. We establish and negotiate business relationships which advance Bird’s mission both in the United States and global markets in Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small but powerful team of strategic thinkers, deal makers and analysts to drive explosive growth for Bird. You’ll work across the entire spectrum of business needs helping shape the partnerships and deals that give Bird the ability to navigate and dominate global markets while securing our diverse supply chain and acquiring proprietary technology.
You’ll work with cross-functional leaders to drive strategic initiatives, assess market and competitive dynamics, raise capital and execute and integrate mergers and acquisitions. The Manager - Corporate Development is expected to build industry relationships, lead strategic projects, assist in financings and execute M&A. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team with a major role in shaping the future of the company and the industry more broadly.
What You'll Do
- Manage fundraising processes, including leading analyses required for diligence data rooms, meeting with prospective investors, and working with legal on execution
- Execute M&A and strategic investment processes from end-to-end, including sourcing opportunities, conducting financial analyses, structuring and negotiating transactions, and integrating targets
- Partner with Bird leadership and finance team to conduct analysis, craft messaging, and create deliverables for board meetings and key investor updates
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the mobility, tech, and finance ecosystems, including investors, large corporates, and other startups, to stay on top of industry trends and the mobility competitive landscape
- Identify opportunities to leverage the strengths of the Bird investor base to add strategic value to Bird
- Drive complex, cross-functional strategic initiatives that impact all aspects of the business and organization
What You'll Need
- 6 to 8+ years of experience at top-tier companies in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and/or management consulting
- Experience managing and directing the work of junior team members
- Experience with the deal structuring, diligence, and execution processes, including financial modeling and analysis, engaging potential investors, and managing legal documentation
- Strong Excel / PowerPoint skills
- BA/BS degree
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description