Manager of Commercial Business Development at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The Sales and Marketing Team’s goal is to capture government and commercial contracts. This role will be the point person capturing new commericial business—it is a high impact and high profile role that is critical to our company’s growth.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
This position will manage our day-to-day relationships with a number of customers with the ultimate goal of closing new deals for the company.
- Build relationships across the commercial small satellite market including operators, manufacturers and consultants.
- Use your professional relationships and market knowledge to identify and prioritize sales efforts.
- Collect competitive information and complete competitive assessments for each opportunity.
- Support the setting of sales targets.
- Act as a brand ambassador to grow customers knowledge of and excitement about working with relativity
- Develop creative approaches for winning new business
- You must be able to demonstrate past success in a customer facing role
- Must be a high energy person who doesn’t take no for an answer
- Understanding of sales tactics and techniques
- Understanding of the competitive landscape
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- At least 5 years of customer facing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.