Junior Sales Account Executive (Software Platform)
Junior Sales Account Executive (Self-Serve)
What is the opportunity?
You’ll join our Self-Serve software platform sales team and be an instrumental part of the group’s development and growth. You’ll learn sales from our team of pros, and you’ll be on track to be an account executive within six months.
Your job will be to qualify inbound client leads, set meetings, and conduct demos of our product over the phone. You’ll be the most important part of our sales funnel! Our clients sign up for a demo, and you'll conduct the sales call, walking them through what Heartbeat does and showing them how our software platform works. The platform is very similar to the Facebook ad platform, so any experience you have with Facebook/Instagram ads is great. And don’t worry if that sounds like a lot - we’ll teach you everything you need to know. The skills you learn in this role will be highly relevant for growing your long-term career, and we’re committed to investing in and educating our Junior Account Executives.
This role entails a base salary, plus commission based on your ability to set up convert leads into paying customers. Most deals you'll be selling will be between $5k-$10k, so the barrier to becoming a customer is low. You’ll also be eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as the other office perks! There are various opportunities for career growth as you continue to succeed at Heartbeat.
- Be an expert on marketing, and knowing how Heartbeat can help clients achieve their marketing goals
- Assist in generating new prospects if you’re not seeing enough lead traffic
- Call and qualify inbound leads that come through our marketing efforts
- Convert demo calls into clients and get them to try the product
- Help us build the culture and contribute to Heartbeat’s growth overall
What Qualities Are We Looking For?
- Curious and excited to learn
- Competitive, but have a collaborative attitude
- Approachable. You enjoy talking to and meeting new people
- Highly organized. You’re not afraid to track things in excel or Google Sheets. You aren’t mad about updating trackers daily because you like to stay on top of things. We use HubSpot
- Someone who keeps you word, show up on time, you’re ethical, you’re honest
- The kind of person who doesn’t take rejection from leads personally
- Open to constructive feedback, and you don’t have a “know-it-all” attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions, or bring new ideas to the table
- Open to contributing to other parts of the organization when needed
- Excited about learning about startups and want to learn the bigger picture of growing a business.
- A college graduate, with strong written and verbal skills (double-check your resume and cover letter for grammar and spelling, please!)
- 1+ year experience as an SDR or Jr. Account Executive
What happens if you succeed?
- You’ll be eligible to move up to Account Executive within 6-12 months
- You’ll be eligible for a raise at your 1-year anniversary
- You’ll have helped a growing company hit its sales targets, and we’ll have successfully raised another round of funding!