Ready for a unique opportunity to make a substantial impact with a disruptive SaaS company that is developing contact center software that will transform the lead generation industry? Convoso is already a profitable and growing company. We have an amazing product and a brilliant team. Convoso is now at an inflection point – ready to enjoy a period of explosive growth and value creation in which you will be able to participate. This position reports to the CEO who is a dynamic, thoughtful, collaborative executive.
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate VP Sales with a strong ambition to immediately and significantly impact a growth company with a large market opportunity. The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, analytical, and creative thinker with a record of success in building and managing sales teams.
The VP Sales must play both hands-on execution and leadership roles by leading a team and when necessary personally carrying sales responsibilities as needed. The VP Sales must be willing to roll up their sleeves and actively help drive their team to close deals.
Who WE are:
Convoso is a provider of omnichannel contact center software which dramatically increases customers' contact and lead conversion rates. We back the power of our advanced dialer with the human touch of a dedicated product expert. This invaluable combination delivers higher conversions with less outreach.
What are the responsibilities of Convoso's VP of Sales:
- Develop a predictable and scalable sales process and plans to manage and drive $M in net new annual recurring revenue
- Hire, Lead, Manage, hold accountable an inside sales team of 5-10 AEs/SDRs, and help them close deals over the phone
- Measure and report on weekly pipeline development activities and deliver accurate forecasts using Salesforce
- Design and implement a successful outbound cold call and email campaigns to prospect and close new business
- Personally engage with buyers in higher-profile deals, providing extra attention to build relationships and drive opportunities toward close (travel when necessary)
- Develop and improve on-boarding materials, sales training, pipeline reports, rules of engagement and dashboards
- Participate in trade shows and networking events
- Manage relationships with referral and channel partners
- Work with Marketing, Customer Success, and Product teams to maximize team success - from campaigns and content to inform the product roadmap to meeting sales needs
Requirements for applicants:
- Strong consultative/solution-based sales skills required to identify pain points and offer solutions
- Minimum 4 years managing metrics-based Inside Sales teams of 10 or more
- Minimum 4 years selling a subscription-based b2b software product with sales cycles ranging from 1-6 months
- Strong experience at displacing an Incumbent Provider in a very competitive market where the pain of switching is high
- Minimum 2 years selling to customers with average deal sizes between $50-250k in ARR
- Hired and built an inside sales team of AEs and SDRs from scratch in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Must be able to design, meet and manage a plan. Ready to create their own playbook. Very strong on strategy and execution.
- Strong experience with Salesforce/Sales 2.0 tools and best practices in standard sales technology with significant sales process experience.
- High capacity for learning and understanding different business models
- Tenacious, persuasive, and passionate in achieving consistently high levels of objective success.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of how to close deals over the phone, and in-person when necessary
- Fun to be around, Personable, with a strong sense of humor and relationship-building abilities
- Prefer someone who has grown a team before and can bring some people on board that you have worked with previously
Work perks worth the hype:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401 (k) employer match program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- A team of highly experienced colleagues
- Casual office environment
- Fully stocked kitchen (vegetarian-friendly)
- Catered family lunches together (Every Friday)
- Monthly Massages
- Your birthday off