Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
Lumi is a Los Angeles-based, high-growth technology company modernizing the packaging supply chain. We’re looking for a Head of Sales to join our senior leadership team in our mission to change the $400B+ packaging industry. In this role, you will lead our growing sales organization helping us scale to meet aggressive growth targets. From hands-on sales management to strategic planning, you’ll run it all with a talented team focused on closing deals, generating revenue, and providing exceptional support to our customers. You’ll be the key executive accountable for company-wide revenue targets.
- Create strategies for winning business ranging from $500k-$5M and work directly with your team to execute these strategies daily
- Identify, craft, and close deals with differing sales cycles that include multiple stakeholders
- Manage, develop and motivate the account executive, account management, and sales operations teams
- Create and write the Lumi sales playbook from start to finish, modifying as we grow and add new types of customers to our fold
- Create and train the team on sales tactics that maximize revenue including: segmenting customers, develop sales and objection-handling scripts, and best practices for winning consultative sales processes
- Build systems that help optimize efforts across the organization including automating workflows and SOPs on how to utilize internal resources such as our prototype lab and graphic design teams as a tool in the sales process
- Work directly with the CEO and CFO on company growth strategy, including sales planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Get creative and experiment with business development opportunities, track and report the findings back to the team and utilize the meaningful data to adjust Lumi’s approach
- Build a highly effective team and work with recruiting to build a sales hiring process that brings in the best of the best
- Keep up with the ecommerce industry by understanding where it is now and where it will go; know how products are being launched and sold
- 7+ years experience in B2B sales
- Experience building a strong sales program
- Key leader on team that has scaled annual sales past $75M in annual sales
- Directly managed teams of 15+ people
- Experience with regularly closing deal sizes of $500K-5M and enterprise level consultative sales process
- Background in one or more of the following: ecommerce, logistics, supply chain, warehouse/3PL services, manufacturing, or of course, packaging
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!