Head of Sales & Care
Clutter is an on-demand, physical storage and moving, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $100M from a number of VCs, including Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV, formerly Google Ventures. We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for an accomplished, driven, and process-oriented Head of Sales & Care to manage and build out a high-performing team of ~50 Sales and Care Managers and Agents. This individual will also be tasked with building a remote-only team of agents across the country. This role will report directly to the CEO.
As the Head of Sales & Care - you will:
- Work closely with the Executive Team to create and implement processes and policies, and to establish and execute on long-term, strategic objectives
- Manage a growing team of ~50 local and remote employees by providing ongoing feedback and coaching
- Enforce and strengthen Clutter’s performance management culture by creating performance improvement plans, administering discipline, and identifying training opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering and Operations teams to optimize the customer experience
- Maintain fiscal discipline by planning, organizing and directing the course of our Sales and Care teams while balancing business growth and profitability goals
- Drive continuous improvement of the customer experience leveraging data-driven decision-making
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of overall experience, including experience building and managing large remote / virtual teams (minimum 5 years of management experience)
- Previous experience as a Director or Senior Manager
- Experience building, coaching and training large teams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to identify top-tier talent that consistently raises the bar of excellence
- Ability to leverage complex data to identify trends and drive strategic decisions
- Flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment with priority shifts and ambiguous situations