Construction affects the lives of nearly everyone in the world. It’s a $10T global industry employing 7% of the world’s population. However, it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries. Construction is in need of transformation, and Procore is right at the forefront. With over 10,000 customers and a growing international footprint, we’re looking for a Head of Global Deal Desk. Will you join our journey?
As an experienced executive, you’ll partner with our Sales, Revenue Operations, Legal, Accounting, and Finance teams to architect, lead, and improve the global Deal Desk organization, helping construct deal-winning offers and scale the order-to-close process. You’ll guide your team in structuring deals, driving process improvements, and structuring optimal and efficient approval workflows. Successful candidates leverage a strong customer-centric attitude and thrive in a fast-paced, agile, and collaborative environment. If you’re skilled in bridging business and sales needs—we’d like to hear from you.
This position reports to our SVP, Corporate Controller and can be based remotely in the US with the expectation of regular travel to our Austin, TX office and Carpinteria, CA headquarters. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Operate within consistent and aggressive deadlines to ensure your team communicates and supports holistic deal perspectives during contract negotiations that drive internal stakeholder discussions and alignment on customer concerns and key business issues
- Partner with Revenue Operations, Finance Operations, and IT to drive an optimized and streamlined approach to process improvements and automation while also being involved in critical deals
- Collaborate with Sales leadership and Account Executives to develop pricing strategies, dynamic Excel models, and terms sheets as part of the proposal building process, primarily for large enterprise and strategic accounts
- Develop tools that help the sales teams effectively price and structure deals by communicating and maintaining key business metrics and requirements
- Support Account Executives on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and value propositioning to help close deals
- Operate as a sales organization-facing and customer-facing subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience in deal desk, deal structuring, or equivalent deal desk roles; 5+ year of people management
- Experience building and scaling domestic and international teams with processes and systems
- Demonstrated ability to drive consensus to meet deadlines and work effectively in a team environment with diverse stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal, Systems
- Ability to analyze, model, and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing, negotiations, and business situations; quantitative experience required
- Experience navigating multiple pricing models, revenue streams and assisting in bringing models to market in the QTC process
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM required
- Strong experience designing and implementing direct and indirect QTC go-to-market strategies in partnership with domestic and international partners
- Strong understanding and assimilation of contractual software agreements, revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606
- Prior experience and expertise in creating complex deal modeling using Microsoft Excel, Looker, and Tableau
- Experience managing multiple variables/levers, and a toggle approach to drive rapid and fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.