Director, Supplier Sales at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
Reporting to the Director, Supplier Relations, will be an active member of the Supplier Relations team within the Sales Team; with collective responsibility to manage and support supplier accounts. The individual will help qualify suppliers with the lens of the Apeel supplier segmentation filter as well as manage relationships with suppliers. The Director, Supplier Sales will interface closely with Engineering, Product and Operations teams at Apeel Sciences to help plan and execute integration projects. The individual will use a combination of technical understanding, critical thinking ability, interpersonal and customer service skills.
What You’ll Do
- Become familiar with the Apeel Sciences technology, pricing structure, and audience
- Work within a diverse sales territory
- Manage day to day communication for specific supplier accounts
- Information gathering and input of important supplier account information as well as reporting on and disseminating this information internally.
- Maintain and update Salesforce profiles and opportunities for all managed supplier accounts
- Conduct customer site visits to determine optimal integration of the Apeel process with new or existing workflows (e.g., produce handling, business systems, etc)
- Oversee and manage program performance data for any managed accounts with live programs
- Assist with internal reporting needs for Sales and other teams
- Collaborate with Product and Sales teams to maximize opportunity value with each supplier account
- Support team efforts to target and prioritize supplier accounts
- Stay abreast of industry developments and quickly evolving technology
- Meet or exceed specific sales OKRs
- Create and execute supplier onboarding plans.
- Guide and drive customer-facing teams towards the best solution for the client’s and Apeel’s business needs, utilizing broad knowledge to recommend solutions and incorporate new processes, tools, and approaches where appropriate, as well as ensure client site readiness for Apeel operation.
- Interact/collaborate with internal project leads on the Engineering, Product and Operations teams to develop and coordinate integration plans and communicate information about priorities, timelines, and issues as they arise
- Manage communication with customers relating to integration project deliverables (e.g., timelines, milestones, progress, etc) in a timely and proactive manner
- Educate customers, as needed, on Apeel Sciences’ product offering and services to maximize customer value and return on investment
- Utilize or develop tools and processes that enable robust, repeatable, and scalable execution of integrations in domestic and international markets
- Proactively monitor application system throughput and effectiveness / efficiency; identify gaps and improvement opportunities
- Drive the assessment, identification, and documentation of system/work process related deficiencies and enhancement opportunities
- Utilize problem solving skills that enable mutually beneficial outcomes for all stakeholders
- Work with customers to identify key customer base and opportunities to collaboratively develop sales for Apeel treated produce
What You Bring
- Degree in Business preferred with emphasis on Agribusiness or Science a plus
- 8+ years of experience in sales
- Ability to travel for work
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced, team environment where no two days are the same
- Effective and efficient problem solving
- Motivation and time management skills
- Passion for new technologies and attention to detail
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.