Director of Sales at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA, NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for consistently achieving team sales and service goals while also supporting the sales activities of the organization in order to reach the overall sales goal
- Supports the leadership team in the development and execution of all sales goals and understands all aspects of the goal development methodology and application (how it all works)
- Uses systems as prescribed to enter client data, analyze sales results, and identify and capitalize on existing opportunities.
- Develops and executes a strategy to maximize results with clients that includes forecasting and analysis.
- Conducts research in order to become subject matter expert in the areas relevant to our clientele.
- Fully utilizes Salesforce CRM to maximize personal sales and support the overall team’s results.
- Effectively communicates client requests (product, financial, design, etc.) to the appropriate person/department
- Attend and actively participates (uses the information learned effectively) in industry meetings, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Conducts sessions/events with clients including, but not limited to, Product Knowledge training, public relations events and consumer facing activities.
- Constantly nurtures existing clients and is always looking to bring on new, qualified clients to promote financial growth.
What You’ll Have:
- Sales leadership experience
- 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain and Transportation Logistics
- Network of C-Level Business Leaders Transportation Logistics
- Experience in developing solutions, and making professional business presentations
- The ability to support and understand in depth analysis of operational and financial performance and present the findings using spreadsheets and graphs
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce Account Management tools
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational abilities
- Strong leadership skills, ability to mobilize a team of people to achieve a common goal
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and additionally operates collaboratively with the Leadership team.
- Acts in a manner that exemplifies and enhances the NEXT brand and company culture
- Responsible for modeling, support, and adherence to company values
- Holds others accountable to the company culture
- Strives to consistently improve their existing professional skills as a means for personal and professional growth
- Actively participates in all company sponsored training programs and events
- Obtains professional certifications as needed to promote the achievement of goals
- BA or Equivalent
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry