Director, Sales Quality & Training
The Director, Sales Quality & Training will lead a team responsible for assuring that all in-person sales interactions meet Inspire’s standards of delivering an amazing customer experience and are compliant with applicable regulations. You will directly manage a team of remote and centralized sales quality associates and sales trainers. You love process improvements and can make contextual judgements based on data while remaining poised in the face of challenges. You have an understanding of how to balance risk mitigation and sales enablement. You’re someone who loves interacting with sales representatives and business partners and have the ability to think like a consumer.
THE DIRECTOR, SALES QUALITY & TRAINING WILL HAVE FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set the vision: drive strategy for our sales quality function supporting hundreds of face-to-face sales professionals across multiple customer interaction channels and geographic regions
- Create and project manage: ensure key roadmap milestones are achieved to constantly improve our controls and sales enablement tools
- Expand enrollment controls and audit capabilities: decrease sales-generated customer complaints and increase satisfaction
- Manage and lead a distributed team: people manage field Avengers across our service area
- Design training content, both conceptually and functionally: continue iteration on the sales rep onboarding and uptraining process, including capturing compliance with and feedback on the process
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Create requirements and deliver enterprise-level Quality KPI reporting for distribution internally and to external sales partners
- Take responsibility and accountability for risk mitigation strategies in partnership with Regulatory counsel
- Improve non-sales interactions to reduce customer concerns and increase future sales opportunities
- Ensure 100% daily service level of audits of multiple customer touch points to evaluate quality levels and regulatory compliance
- Design and implement monitoring and secret shopping programs to ensure compliance with all national, state, and local regulations and company standards
- Set budget, design and implement performance-based incentive programs to drive outcomes
- 100% service level of audits
- Delivery of roadmap milestones
- Decreasing complaints in proportion to sales volume
- Increasing sales representative engagement including compliance to required trainings
- Elimination of highest risk activity through control measures
- Ownership of regulatory complaint handling process
- Autonomy - the ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Reliability/Accountability - follow through on commitments
- Results Oriented - ability to speak in qualitative and quantitative results
- Growth Mindset - ability to find answers outside of experience and constantly improve your game
- Analytical - experience deriving takeaways from large data sets
- Must Have
- Required 1+ years experience with door to door canvassing, retail kiosk, and/or event sales
- 7+ years of sales experience, with preferably 2+ years selling directly to consumers
- 3+ years of experience managing a sales or quality assurance team
- A passion for clean energy and smart home technology
- Thrive in a production, results-driven role
- Immaculate research skills that translate to written and verbal communication
- Nice to Have
- Bachelor's’ degree, or similar level degree required
- Experience in retail energy, solar, or similar direct sales organization
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!