Director Commercial Partnerships
The Director, Commercial Partnerships will manage business plan for designated high volume/ high visibility digital partners, including development and execution of sales and marketing campaigns and goals. This person will manage excellent relationships with digital partners, be able to hit sales/streaming objectives and create incremental sales objectives and opportunities. Sales and marketing will involve all facets of UMG digital and mobile products.
- Primary liaison between UMG/Labels and business-critical partner to properly align UMG content with partner opportunities
- Identify, prioritize, and lead development that drives revenue with UMG business partner. This includes creating progressive marketing plans, advertising strategies, and innovating new operations and processes
- Solicit, market and pitch new releases, catalog initiatives, and product lines
- Manage revenue activities relating to company and department goals
- Using analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
- Communicate trends, success, opportunities, and recommendations to UMG senior stake holders and label partners
- Successfully manage relationship and shared goals with home office, labels and marketing team
- Create, communicate, maintain and enforce business rules, standards and best practices.
- Solicit, understand, distill and distribute partner's product, marketing, sales, technology and operational updates.
- Oversee promotional opportunities with partners (advertising, merchandising, marketing, retail partnership activities)
- Successfully manage relationship with partners including verification of product delivery, punctual reporting and on-going partnership maintenance
- Enhance and improve day-to-day operations with a focus on creating efficiencies and driving incremental revenue
- Solid understanding of digital consumer trends, streaming market, tech innovation and a strong knowledge of the evolving music industry
- Strong customer service skills and ability to thrive through partnership
- Understanding and application of social media, advertising, analytics, and content marketing strategy
- Ability to think creatively while simultaneously being solution oriented to drive results
- Solid understanding of finance, including being comfortable with navigating P&L's
- Ability to analyse data and navigate complex systems
- Proven project management skills where you have executed strategic and operational initiatives across multiple teams
- Executive-level presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that translate to all levels in the company
- Experience in partnering with and advising senior stakeholders
- Impeccable organization and time management skills
- Willingness to thrive in a high paced / high stakes environment.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, business operations, sales or marketing experience at music company, media company or digital partner
- Experience in client services and/or partner relationship management
- Experience managing and directing a team
- 4 year college, or similar education level required
- MBA or Master's degree in related field preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.