Director of Business Development at Aspiration
| Greater LA Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:22 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, May 20, 2021
At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for identifying, prospecting, and closing new strategic partnerships and managing and expanding existing partnerships. You will craft creative, mutually beneficial deals that drive revenue and customer growth with popular socially-oriented consumer brands and large enterprise businesses. The partnerships you drive will have a meaningful impact on Aspiration’s business, our partners’ businesses, as well as the planet. This position will report to the Chief Business Development Officer.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Deliver impactful partnerships end-to-end: prioritize prospects, source partners through personal and external channels, pitch and close deals, launch and oversee partnerships.
- Tap into your network, leverage the network of Aspiration colleagues, and use various tools (e.g. LinkedIn) to source new partners.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive pipeline management process.
- Craft creative, scalable partner models that leverage Aspiration’s sustainability solutions and financial services offerings to drive social, environmental, and business impact.
- Negotiate favorable business terms for Aspiration while delivering significant value to partners.
- Present to and seek insights from Aspiration’s leadership team.
- Collaborate with legal and finance (internal and external) throughout the contract process.
- Partner with product and engineering and champion a cross-functional team to seamlessly deploy new partner launches.
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of proven success in negotiating, building and managing creative, revenue-generating partnerships with companies across industries.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire commitment to achieve aggressive targets, transparently deliver results, and mobilize internal and external teams.
- Solid partner relationships from prior business development/partnerships experience.
- Positivity, curiosity, flexibility and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working at and/or with high growth startups.
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Equal Employment & Acommodations
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Some positions may require the ability to view computer screens and/or sit for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Read Full Job Description