Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a better way to buy.. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Director of Business Development to help with our growth.
About The Role:
As the Director of Business Development - API you will be responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of Honey’s API monetization and Partnership strategy. This includes working closely with our product and Partnerships teams to develop strategy, scoping potential partnerships and negotiating contracts, engaging and developing deep relationships with external parties, and executing the deployment and ongoing growth of these partnerships across a cross-functional team within Honey. The successful candidate will have experience managing external relationships and driving cross-functional internal teams, be comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a fast-paced environment, and able to put structure to nebulous, unstructured problems.
What You'll Do:
As a Director of Business Development at Honey, you will:
- Develop and execute Partnerships strategy for key products, including established and nascent aspects of Honey’s business
- Work closely with product, partnerships, and marketing teams to identify and engage potential Partners to enhance our product functionality and distribution
- Own Partner relationship end-to-end, from ads strategy, partner priority, tech road map, and execution
- Lead cross-functional team in deployment of partnerships, including creative, legal, finance, product, comms, support, etc.
- Design and implement necessary analytics to measure and optimize Partnerships
- Run pilots with major technology and advertising companies
- 8+ years of experience in business development and partnerships
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners
- Experience in AdTech and working with advertising agencies, trading desks, holding companies, etc., preferred
- Experience with APIs, including an ability to distill technical and data specifications into simple terms and translate jargon to clearly communicate value to business, product, and engineering stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive programs and/or products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels Proven ability to develop relationships, negotiate, and problem solve with external partners
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor – able to shift from big picture to detailed operations on a dime
- BA/BS required
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.