Director, Business Development & Strategy at Zoic Labs
Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization software development company focused on the intersection of big data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies.
Since 2002, Zoic Labs has developed software and virtual production tools for Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company with emphasis on high-end computer graphics for film, television, and gaming. More recently we’re building proprietary products and platforms, providing UI/UX Design, agile software development R&D, and consulting services for a diverse range of private companies, as well as the U.S. Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
Collectively, Zoic has 400 employees, with offices in Los Angeles, Vancouver, and New York City. Our team has earned 8 Emmy Awards, 8 Visual Effects Society Awards, among others, for visual effects in movies such as Avengers: Age of Ultron, and television series’ such as Game of Thrones, Homeland, CSI, and Battlestar Galactica.
Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development will be highly experienced in driving business through every phase of the sales cycle, from developing business opportunities through networking, sales trips & calls, to writing proposals, to ultimately closing deals.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be self-directed, while collaborating closely with a diverse team of professionals.
- Successfully drive business development and sales process across a diverse set of opportunities, industries, and clients.
- Seek out and acquire new customers
- Work directly with customers to determine their needs and identify potential growth opportunities for Zoic Labs.
- Provide meaningful contributions toward Business Development Strategy, Sales, and Proposal writing.
- Develop sales demonstrations and presentations as needed for various client industries and recipients.
- 5+ years of successful sales and/or business development focused experience.
- Extensive customer relationship and networking experience
- Sales background related any of the following industries preferred: Private sector technology, Defense (DoD), space, U.S. intelligence community, media,.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical subjects quickly, communicate effectively, and appreciate technical subtleties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in an ambiguous environment with flexible infrastructure and process, with a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel as needed for client meetings and networking opportunities
Desirable Qualifications (not required):
- Experience managing software products with graphics and/or visualization related features.
- Knowledgeable of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), North American Classification System (NAICS), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Security clearance
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles and New York participates in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant may be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required.
*Please no 3rd Party Employment or Staffing Agency solicitations. Please do not contact our employees directly through phone, email, or any online platform.