Director of Business Development, North America
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Director, Business Development, North America, you'll work with the NA Regional team on identifying and assessing opportunities to develop business in the North American market, including media distribution and sponsorships, as well as alternative revenue models, partnerships, advertising & sponsorships, B2B and licensing initiatives. You will work with finance, legal, publishing, esports, operations and other teams to realize and build the businesses around found opportunities. In addition, you will equip and support other deal owners across the NA organization to be successful.
You'll share a campus with the Central office that serves the whole world, but as a Rioter for the North American region, you'll have a laser focus on leveling up the experience for players in the United States and Canada.
- A passionate senior business developer with a consistent track record of orchestrating, negotiating and executing large scale B2B partnerships, including licensing deals. (8 yrs+)
- Hands-on - you are passionate about building a small team but high potential team, actively sourcing and working on opportunities.
- A maven at identifying potential opportunities for the business and are able to look through multiple lenses when evaluating deals.
- An experienced negotiator, versed in complex deal and contract negotiations and you possess a sound legal understanding.
- An authority on selling sponsorship inventory and are able to quickly wrap your head around a wide-ranging portfolio.
- A dedicated gamer that has always made time for games and you have a deep understanding of the culture.
- An avid fan of esports and understand the current market dynamics and surrounding economics.
- Experienced with a variety of different types of deals including sponsorships, partnerships and licensing, including their respective revenue models, market benchmarks and trends.
- Able to clearly articulate and explain complex deal scenarios to senior partners who might not be involved in the day-to-day operations.
- Identify and assess opportunities for partnerships, B2B and licensing initiatives and other, inorganic growth initiatives.
- Together with our operations, finance and publishing teams, build a business around the found opportunities.
- Build and guide a small but high impact business development team focused on the North American market.
- Set-up and run dashboards and critical metrics to track the performance of partnerships and other initiatives.
- Establish suitable business cases for the found opportunities together with our business operations team.
- Build and lead a revenue generating team.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.