At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Lead and develop the people and processes within Aspiration’s established Investments, Account Management, and Disputes Teams
- Develop, improve, and train staff on the procedures and controls related to Investments, Account Management, and Disputes functions, including active use of internal platforms and third-party partnerships
- Ensure adherence to risk and compliance guidelines, including relevant regulations
- Execute strategies successfully, resolve issues, and provide support on all operational matters throughout Aspiration to drive operational efficiency, continuous improvement, and enhancing customer experience
- Supervise, coach, develop, and mentor direct reports
- Collaborate with Operations leadership and team to ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance
- Work closely with cross-functional management teams on strategic projects, product rollouts, bringing timely and useful operational insight and analytical support
- Play an integral role in the creation and management of long-term goals, budgets, and operating plans and manage to clearly defined metrics of success
- Interpret and communicate data and information to support financial analysis and decision making, understand business trends, and quantify and manage risks/opportunities
- Participate and drive key business processes including strategic planning, business case and return on investment analysis as well as monitoring and evaluation of key performance indicators (KPIs)
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of fintech banking with strong knowledge of core banking functions i.e., account management, disputes, investments, card operations, ACHs, wires, etc. and its impact on client onboarding, document collection, account closures, client asset verification, disputes resolution, statements, tax records, negative balance monitoring and charge-offs, account reconciliations etc.
- Knowledge of the lending platforms is an added plus
- Experience in the evaluation, analysis and optimization of operational processes
- Understanding traditional banking features such as DDA Accounts, Transaction Processing, Credit & Lending, and Account Aggregation
- Proficient in developing process flows, procedures and controls and creating an environment of oversight, training and performance metrics to ensure its complete adherence
- Working with operations management to create and manage long-term goals, budgets, and operating plans
- Working knowledge of banking compliance and risk management functions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership and people management skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to work independently
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description